An Ever-Expanding Success Story
Since our founding in 2002, PSE has steadily expanded our operations and services. Having started with one gas station, we now supply fuel to over 50 locations. In addition, our fuel volume has grown nearly each and every year since we began operations – and we are dedicated to continual expansion of our company in order to better serve our customers.
- Prairie State Energy is founded.
- Development of our first New to Industry (NTI) location, in Harvard, IL.
- PSE becomes a Marathon fuel distributor
- We are granted a federal fuel blenders license
- We acquire two properties near Rockford, IL.
- We develop our second NTI location in Darien, IL.
- PSE completes development of another NTI and flagship site in South Elgin, IL.
- Completed acquisition of Swatek Sales Corporation in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
- PSE becomes a Citgo distributor.
- With Swatek acquisition, we add five corporate locations to our portfolio and many new wholesale customers in Southeast Wisconsin.
- PSE introduces the sale of unbranded fuel to private unbranded gas stations.
- PSE becomes an Exxon/Mobil fuel distributor.
- PSE undertakes its’ first major redevelopment of an existing facility in Barrington, Illinois.
- We acquire and redevelop a second redevelopment site in Aurora, Illinois.
- Completed full implementation of retail back-office management software.
- Grew total fuel volume (14%) and number of sites supplied (20%) during a period of severe economic downturn.
- Performed a major store remodel for our Lake Geneva Mobil corporate store.
- PSE relocates main office to Lake Barrington, IL.
- Ricky Rockets opens first NTI in Hoffman Estates, IL.
- PSE initiates a major remodel to our South Elgin location and acquires adjacent property. We receive a national award, taking second place for the design of the store.
- PSE develops and launches its’ own brand PS Fuels & Market and brands the newly remodeled South Elgin store.
- PSE adds live gaming (Rock Vegas) to South Elgin.
- Lewis Livermore joined our Company.
- NTI Ricky Rockets Midlothian IL opened.
- Rebranded two additional PS Fuels and Market locations.
- High Octane Management & Consulting (HOMAC) is launched to provide additional convenience store support and benchmarking services.
- PSE became a fuel supplier in Texas and Indiana.
- NTI Ricky Rockets Garland TX opened.
- PSE exits retail operations to focus on wholesale fuels and distribution.
- Lewis Livermore becomes a partner in PSE.
- PSE becomes a Shell distributor.
- PSE became a fuel supplier in Florida and Georgia.
- NTI Ricky Rockets Hickory Hills, IL opened.